Sunday, June 10, 2007

Henri Does Fishing with Boo

"I remember back when I was a little kid in my second incarnation, my father took me out to Sulley Creek and taught me how to fish. I remember I was no higher than a grasshopper, but my daddy sat back and didn't say a word as he watched me bait my first hook. I remember the proud look he had on his face when I reeled in my first freshwater fish. A bass, I think. That thing flopped all over the place and didn't want me to get near him. I knew I had to make my daddy proud and take that hook out all by myself. I tried and tried, until my daddy leaned over and said, 'Boo, if life were simple, we'd have no challenges, and if we had no challenges, we'd all be nothing.' I looked at my daddy and it was if something came over me. I grabbed that bass and ripped the hook right outta his mouth."

I nodded, not really paying attention to Boo because he tended to ramble about his life...on and on...and my thoughts were really focused on Juicy. Where she was and did she miss me?

I don't know why I even let her "giving me space" bother me since I was a grown ghost and knew the repercussions of having a woman scorned; but this author stuff, it's too new to me and I don't really know how to handle it, I guess.

"Zut!" Boo threw his fist into the air and started shaking it and using curse words I hadn't heard coming from him in a long time.

"Did you see that one get away?" he yelled, cursing and spitting.

"Why don't we just call it a day?" I asked him. "I've got another interview in the morning."

"Oh yeah? Where is this one?"

"Canada again. Must be a lot of authors in Canada, that's all I have to say. Jamieson Wolf's blog, The Book Pedler."

Boo put his rod down and scratched his baldy head. "What in the hell is a blog?"

"I don't think you'd understand, Boo, my friend, but it's a place to meet beautiful 21st century women."

Boo threw his head back, let out a guffaw, and said, "Don't you think you're in enough trouble, Henri?"

I shook my head, sat down on a log, and sighed.

Boo came over and sat down beside me. "Why are you so looking for 21st century women, Henri, when you have a good woman who wants to be with you more than anything but you barely give her the time of day?"

"I don't know, Boo. Maybe I just want to be friends with Juicy? Is that too hard to understand?"

Boo patted my back and said, "That's not hard to understand, Henri. Maybe you two just need your space."

"Yeah, that's what she said."

"So, what happens when you two find your space?"

I didn't know what to say. I wished I knew.

"Henri, stop worrying. Everything will work out for the better eventually."

"But I don't like Juicy being sad, but when Juicy acts like my career doesn't count, that makes Henri sad, you know?"

Boo nodded as if he knew, but he couldn't know. He didn't know what it was like to stay up until the roosters crowed writing and revising, writing and revising, and then after that, it was touring and meeting people and connecting with other authors even if they were beautiful 21st century women. How could Henri avoid that if he was to become big famous author?

"I better get back, Boo. Thanks for lending me your rod. We'll do it again next weekend, okay?"

"Sure thing, buddy. You take care, okay?"

"Yeah, you too."

I bid Boo adieu and headed back to Ezra's to prepare for my interview with Jamieson Wolf at The Book Pedler. Slipping past Ezra, I headed to the basement where my computer was and checked my email. Nothing from Juicy. But I did find something interesting. My book, The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost is on sale at Amazon at 32% off, making it just over a cool ten bucks for beautiful 21st century women to buy real cheap.

I turned off the computer, curled up in my bed, and smiled.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miami here I come in 2008!

Found this Blog through Caridad Pineiro's blog. it's great, can't wait to read the book

June 14, 2007 at 4:53 AM  
Blogger Ana said...

Hello Henri, great blog you have here.

Miami here I come in 2008!

June 14, 2007 at 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sissysgone@aol.com


Miami here I come in 2008!

June 14, 2007 at 7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miami here I come in 2008!

jkayeoldner@yahoo.com

June 14, 2007 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

Bonjour 21st century beautiful women! Merci tres beaucoup for coming to Henri's blog! Would it seem facetious if I perchance to ask why is everyone going to Miami in 2008?

June 14, 2007 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Robin in NC said...

Miami here I come in 2008!

Henri, we're all going to Miami in 2008 to see what happens with Stacia! Come join us!!

June 14, 2007 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

If I bring garlic, can I come, too?

June 14, 2007 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Kay Anne said...

Miami here I come in 2008!

June 14, 2007 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home