Saturday, May 5, 2007

Introduction

Hello.

I am Henri de Montmorency, originally Grand Marshal of France and Governor of Languedoc, but now...I am...a ghost.

I was beheaded on the day before All Hallow's Eve in 1632 by the order of Richelieu, a man who I didn't quite see eye to eye with concerning my religious beliefs.

However, that's in the past. I do not regret standing up for my own beliefs and have accepted my untimely death, but truth be known, the afterlife is as they say in my native land of Paris, France, plus d'amusement.

If you have never been a ghost, I must tell you that we have certain charismatic qualities about us.

Before I was beheaded, I wasn't what you'd call easy to look at. For, you see, I was also a hump back. However, in the afterlife, I have become what I always knew was inside of me all along - verile, handsome and quite the lady's man, much to my surprise and delight.

I have roamed the earth for many centuries, but there was one home I finally attached myself to and it wasn't because I was ready to settle down because now that I was free of the torment of my disgusted appearance, I felt like a free bird ready to take flight at a moment's notice, but this one home was the home of Ezra Anne Thornberry.

And it wasn't because of anything romantic-related; it was because of a beverage she kept stocked in her ice box by the wonderful name of Coors Light.

I'd always loved fine wine in the past, but in a pinch, a case of Coors Light took the edge off mighty fine. Oooh la la! A ghost can't be too picky living in the 21st century, you know.

So, it was, I was kicking back, tossing back a can or two or six of this delightful beverage, when Ezra Anne finds out about a man looking for ghosts and, of course, my ears perked up.

It seems the man's name was Rodger Hawthorne III and he lived in a mansion in the mountains of North Carolina.

Rodger was on a ghost hunt for a woman with whom he was married and who also died an untimely death. Sarah was her name and by what we gathered at the time, her spirit was hard to reach. I could have told them she was there all along, but they had to go and find out for themselves.

Plus, if they did, they would each share the bounty of $1,000,000. Not chicken feed even in these times. Back in my time, it would have bought a whole continent.

Never one to turn down finding one of my own kind, I jumped at the chance to tag along. I couldn't remember a Sarah Hawthorne in the realm I had been in, but as the realms are all so divided and segregated according to what you were up there for, it would have been easy to miss her. But, still, the name rang a bell.

So, this is my story of how six women and one ghost go on a search to find the million dollar ghost.

If you can't wait for me to tell the story, you can go to Amazon and pick up the book yourself. It's called The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost.

I hope you will continue to visit my blog and, for now, I bid you adieu.

Tags: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut, Henri!

Coors? Quel domage! I guess you have lost your taste for the finer things in life and my bottle of red wine from Chinon is safe.

I've taken a couple of turns in France as time went by. Your living era is between the times I was there.

I'm writing down my list of questions for when you visit my blog next month, but I am glad to know you stand up for your convictions.

I'm a famed eavesdropper and a persuasive interviewer, so our visit should be most enlightening and entertaining.

Cat Muldoon
author of Rue the Day
www.CatMuldoon.com

May 5, 2007 at 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, Henri!

A blogging ghost.

My my, you've gone high-tech with your very own blog. Whose fingers did you take over to do your blogging? Hmmm...more than fingers, I suspect.

You must be on a true mission beyond this book if you've gone to such great lengths.

The list of questions I have for you keeps growing.

I look forward to being a hostess of the ghostest with the mostest next month on the Storyation blog.

Ronda Del Boccio
Creator of The Storyation Process(TM) at www.Storyation.com

May 5, 2007 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

Bonjour! I'm afraid the fine wine of yesteryear has gone the way of Coors Light, mon amie. However, if there is a fine bottle of red wine from Chinon, I'm happy to share it with you. Been a long time. I have to ask, if you are of the same era I am, does that make you a ghost, too? *grin*

May 6, 2007 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

Très passionnant, Ronda! I do hope you remember that the Coors Light may make the tongue a little loose and I am afraid I have lost my gentlemany ways since being executed, but for you, I will try to keep my head on my shoulders even though it does tend to fall off ocassionally. Embarrassé!

May 6, 2007 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

You, I love.

You, I love a lot.

I am floating through the ether in order to love on you!

Inhale. Exhale. Keep doing that, baby.

Hello.

May 6, 2007 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

Dear sweet Erin, your blog I touched on today, put away the dildos...Henri's back in town! Quelle bonne heure!

May 6, 2007 at 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henri - no I did not live during your era but I have enjoyed a few of my other lives in France. I especially enjoy the Loir valley.

I do have ghostly visitors around quite often and am well used to providing whatever forms of intoxicating pleasures they request.

Cat

May 8, 2007 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

This is going to be fun. I had seen the book title but not on a blog or forum, but somewhere (my mind is slipping). This woman you are looking for, did she live in your time or a slightly different time? But oh, when you find her, how will you get the group to realize you have found her. Very interesting. I want to know - I will follow this story and watch you from afar. - E :)

May 9, 2007 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

My dear, sweet Elysabeth, even the name makes me wonder if we met in another life. Possibly. I was birthed before Sarah. She was but a young little thing. Beautiful young woman. Her husband never forgave himself for their fight. I have seen her recently and I'll have to blog about it soon. Thank you for stopping by the blog of Henri de Montmorency.

Au revoir, sweet one.

May 9, 2007 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

You never know where I've been - only one life I can truly remember, and I was a madame in a brothel, seems it was in France at the time. The images I have are that the brothel was a respected placed and for the time period, it was more acceptable for men to be seen with ladies of the evening than going to psychiatrists or therapists, because mostly the women were therapists in and of themselves. Most men came for marriage counseling, but if the wanted the sexual favors, they could have them.

Don't know why I remember that life so well. I can't even get an actual time that it was when I was there, but I did exist in at least one other life.

And yes I do have the French background but don't use it so my ability to communicate in another language in this life time is not up to par.

I will have to get the book to see where your adventures lead you in the search for this young woman, Sarah. E :)

May 9, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home