Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Who Said Book Touring Was Easy?

I had a talk with my tour coordinator yesterday. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm getting my tour free being as she happens to be one of the so called co-writers of The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost, which is really MY book, but I digress...

So, I had a chat over coffee and Coors Light (guess who had the Coors Light) and we were sitting out on her deck watching her silly dogs run around the yard and she asked me what brought me to her neck of the woods.

"I'm getting ovewhelmed," I sighed real convincing-like. "You didn't tell me that book touring, even over Internet, was going to be so hard."

She laughed, tossing back her curly blonde hair in a way that made Henri excited as much as I didn't want to admit it, and she said, "Henri, get used to it. This is only the beginning."

She knew what I was talking about without me having to say so. I hate that intuitive thing she has going on.

"Didn't your tour just start Friday and you've only had two tour stops?" she asked.

"I know! I know! Yesterday at Cat's blog and another stop today at Storyation...I just can't keep up with it all. I thought this was going to be fun. I knew I was going to be doing interviews and all that, but I just don't even have time to blog anymore. The last time Boo saw me was when I had to rush down to Boo Drop Inn and rescue him from the vampire-ectoplasm-suckers yesterday before I had to whip back to the Ozark Mountains of Missouri to be interviewed by Cat, and then whip back here and be interviewed by Storyation, and now Juicy is really complaining about not seeing me anymore. My friends are going to diss me!"

There, I said it. She could do what she wanted with it, but I had to get it off chest.

I looked up and I thought she would be staring at me like I'm the most poopiest-head she'd ever seen; but instead, she was smiling. I didn't like that know-it-all-look that she was giving me. She might have been around publishing circles for a long time, but this is new to Henri, you know?

Then, she finally said what I figured she was going to say, "Henri, it's all part of the package. Did you think it was going to be easy? Did all you think was that you were going to have your name on a book - oops, forgot, you're inside but don't even let us get started on that again - and that's all there is to it? Don't you want to sell that book? Your book isn't going to sell by itself, you know. You might have a million lives, but that book - your book - has one life. It's either now or never, my friend. You better hit it while the fire is hot."

"But, what about blogging? I haven't even been able to keep my blog updated and my beautiful 21st century women who love Henri aren't going to like that very much."

I think this was the first time I saw tour coordinator break out in sweat.

"Henri, what did I tell you when you first started this tour? I told you to BLOG about it as you go along. Beautiful 21st century women might find it interesting as some of them might even be authors themselves and haven't ever been on a virtual book tour before. They can learn about your experiences and if they see Henri having fun instead of being stressed out all the time about it, they might even find out what good this will do for the sales of their books."

Damn. I really hate it when she thinks she knows everything. But, maybe she was right. I guess the only way I will know is by doing it.

So, my beautiful 21st century women who love Henri, if you want to read interview with Cat who lives in Ozark Mountains of Missouri, click here!

This might be fun after all. Is this okay with you ladies for Henri to blog about tour trips besides my ghostly adventures?

Oops, don't have time to find out...I'm back to the Ozarks for an interview with Ronda Del Boccio of Storyation! I'll let you know how it goes!

I'll be back, mon amies....please don't go away...Henri loves you all!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Pouvre Henri, only thought he was having fun and not working. Don't think we are going anywhere, since we would like to hear more of both goings on - your book and your life - lol.

See you in the postings - E :)

(PS - it is mes aimees (my female friends), n'est pa? I could be wrong - has been many years since I study the language, but with a French father, you'd think I'd remember some of it (especially having seven years in school of French) - oh well - E :)

June 7, 2007 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 7, 2007 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Henri de Montmorency said...

Ahhh...mon bon bon Elysabeth...your father needs to give Henri brushing up on language! 21st century is possessing my brain!

June 7, 2007 at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home